TwinCAT HMI (the new release) Polygon mouse click event problem

mhismail

Hello guys,

I have a problem with the new release of TwinCAT HMI ( Not TwinCAT PLC HMI or visualization) , the problem is as follows :
1) drag a circle control from the toolbox (for simplicity)
2) try to handle the mouse click event so that if the mouse is clicked , the "fill color" property should change to red (for example)

the problem is that the area that lies outside the circle and inside the control border also (and always) responds to the event.

How can I come over that ?? it is not reasonable at all to respond to the event outside the circle... how can i get rid of that annoying border ? or even manipulate its shape ?

I tried to put numbers in the "border radius" property , yes the border shape changed but virtually , it seems to be that every thing MUST be put in a rectangular form.

Any help ... please !!

Twincat HMI is a brand new product--not even available in the US yet as far as I know. It's unlikely that you'll find much help in online forums yet. Have you contacted Beckhoff support?

Twincat HMI is a brand new product--not even available in the US yet as far as I know. It's unlikely that you'll find much help in online forums yet. Have you contacted Beckhoff support?

yes i did , i am waiting for their reply . I understand that the product is new, the documentation was translated to English at the first of August , I studied part of it in German few months ago and i was just hoping if someone else has encountered such a problem.

yesterday , I tried another design to the HMI and it is good too ( instead of clicking the polygon , i will add buttons to the HMI and do some linking between the buttons and the polygon so that the button will handle the click event and the polygon do the graphics job. Since the button control is always rectangular , the above problem won't occur)

Thank you for your reply