Wonderware Intouch 2014 historical trend breaking up when zoom out

w2kwong

Hello,

I am working on a SCADA system using Wonderware Intouch 2014 R2 and have a small glitch with the historical trend feature. Every time I press the zoom out button the trend plot starts breaking up, as you can see in screenshot.

Has anyone come across this issue before? Any help would be very much appreciated :ROFLMAO:

Wilson

Broken Trend.PNG

Typically, it looks like it wasn't logging during the time with the blank spaces. Usually if view is shutdown, there won't be any logging. If you move the scooters and zoom into the blank areas, do you still see a trend?

Are you using a historian? I just had a similar issue. My historian was logging extra null values in the database. You can run the query tool on the historian to see if there really are gaps in the database.

Dave my customer insists that SCADA has been running for the entire duration, plus the multiple and random discontinuity prob suggesting it's something else.

JE it's my first time doing Wonderware (which is such a user unfriendly package to learn, comparing to Citect or ClearSCADA :). The trend was configured based on SQL express server so I think it is historian. Prehaps I may try reinitialise the SQL or something. Thanks for the input!

Dave my customer insists that SCADA has been running for the entire duration, plus the multiple and random discontinuity prob suggesting it's something else.

JE it's my first time doing Wonderware (which is such a user unfriendly package to learn, comparing to Citect or ClearSCADA :). The trend was configured based on SQL express server so I think it is historian. Prehaps I may try reinitialise the SQL or something. Thanks for the input!

I don't think this is Historian. You may see SQL Express Server running because that is where Alarms and Events are stored.
If you search For "*.lgh" files, you should find quite a few in some folder. The "<date-time>.lgh" file is where Intouch saves its historical logs.

How is disk space? You may also want to make sure there is only 1 drive on the pc. Check space on both drives.

As with previous post...zoom into blank areas and see if data comes back. Sometimes the data read time frame areas get corrupted.

Is this pc for Wonderware ONLY and they are not doing anything else with it?

There is only one HDD and one partition configured, and it's a standalone SCADA PC acting as view client/server that does nothing else other than IO communication with PLC.

Support from =SE= suggests to check for any error log in SMC when zooming out, maybe it's first thing to look at.