studio 5000 cross reference

rscott9399

What does it mean when you click on right click on a tag in a run and the
"cross reference" option does not exist?

Ive noticed sometimes its there sometimes its not

I have never seen this before. What happens if you select the tag, then press Ctrl+e? (that is the same command as right clicking and selecting cross reference)

Tried hitting control E

It brought up a blank cross ref screen

I dont understand what this means?

The tag is used no where else perhaps?

No indirect address

This is extremely frustrating. so just as a test. I tracked down the tag in the tag list. If i cross reference it there a bunch of stuff comes up. If i cross ref it in the rung nothing comes up. What gives

What version are you using? v24 is kinda buggy for me. Occasionally, the value field is grayed out on the monitor tag window, I end up having to close the program and open it again. Maybe something similar is going on?

If I read the first post correctly, it sounds like the option doesn't appear in the drop down menu when you right click on the tag. If this is the case, make sure you are right clicking on the tag name, not the symbol. If you right click on the symbol, you will not get the cross reference option. I make this mistake quite often when I switch from my desktop PC to the smaller monitor on my laptop.

check your aim ...

in some cases you're right-clicking the INSTRUCTION (XIC, OTE, etc.) - and not the TAGNAME which is located "over" the instruction ...

in Boot Camp talk - you're shooting the HORSE - and you should be shooting the RIDER ...

edit: the same thing that MikeyN is saying - but he typed his post in before I posted mine ...

Last edited:
in some cases you're right-clicking the INSTRUCTION (XIC, OTE, etc.) - and not the TAGNAME which is located "over" the instruction ...

in Boot Camp talk - you're shooting the HORSE - and you should be shooting the RIDER ...

edit: the same thing that MikeyN is saying - but he typed his post in before I posted mine ...

I've have done this so many times... Annoying they didn't allow the instruction to have the same function as the tagname.