Most Commonly Used PLC Brand for automation

My opinion is.. there are no common PLC's they are all "special" in their own way. :)

If you would search this site, you could see this question pops up from time to time. And the answer is allways the same: there is no simple answer to this question. It all depends on the region of the world where you are, what PLCs you already know, what PLCs are already in use in the production/on the site you're talking about and so on.

Kind regards,

I couldn't find a clear answer

My exprience is Allen Bradley and then omron & Siemen playing major roles, you might have different vote

rahilaslam said:
Which PLC brand is most commonly used in the industrial automation.
Please give your opinion..

Programmers preference, company standard, customer specification, availability of local support, software familiarity, budget, and overall suitability of a specific PLC for a given application are some of the factors to consider when selecting a PLC.

I use Allen Bradley almost exclusively, but that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, it's just our company standard (and we push this onto customers as much as possible).

Most companies have their own standard preferred PLC manuafacturer. The one which caused me most amusement was a UK factory belonging to a far-eastern car manufacturer (no names, no law suit) who use Omron in their plastics facility and Mitsubishi in their engine plant: all on the same site, too.

I have been employed by two companies who specify Mitsubishi (three if you count the time I spent actually working for Mitsubishi Electric): also two others specifying Siemens and Omron. My current employers have standardised on Mitsubishi but we also have:
Omron
Allen-Bradley
Siemens
GE Fanuc
Idec
Square D
Toshiba
B&R
Sigmatek

I've only been here three months so there may be others lurking out there in some dark corner. :unsure:

You've guessed it. Sometimes production purchases machinery without talking to engineering first... ;)

rahilaslam said:
Which PLC brand is most commonly used in the industrial automation.
Please give your opinion..
Which ______ brand is most commonly used.
Please give your opinion

Fill in the blank with ANYTHING. Cars, computers, televisions, breakfast cereals...

This is why there is a marketplace in the world and everything that goes along with it... competition, price wars, etc.

Sounds like you've worked there, too.

No, but I lived about 20 miles away in the 50s and 60s, my father still does.

I was surprised to read a few months back that the factory had been chosen to be the company's worldwide quality benchmark (or something along those lines).