GE Proficy Machine edition 8.5 and Windows 10

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,
I had been running Proficy Machine edition 8.5 on Windows 10 for several months.
All of the sudden, I got this message:
Error: The operation could not be completed.
Cause: Insufficient disk space available on the drive where Machine Edition is installed or the Operating System drive.

The GE people is telling me that version 8.5 is not compatible with Windows 10, and they don't know how I was able to run it. They say I need to upgrade to version 9.7.

Has anybody experienced this issue?
Thanks!

The GE people is telling me that version 8.5 is not compatible with Windows 10, and they don't know how I was able to run it. They say I need to upgrade to version 9.7.

Has anybody experienced this issue?
Thanks!

I haven't experienced that issue, but I can say that I run 8.6 under a Windows 7 VM on Windows 10. The kicker is that 8.6 running in a VM runs faster than 9.5 running directly on W10.

Thank you!
One more question:
Anybody's experience converting projects from version 8.5 to 9.7, or upgrading in general?
Any issues downloading the upgraded project to the HMI?

I haven't experienced that issue, but I can say that I run 8.6 under a Windows 7 VM on Windows 10. The kicker is that 8.6 running in a VM runs faster than 9.5 running directly on W10.
Does anyone know any tricks/ways to Tweak 9.5 to get it to run faster?

Does anyone know any tricks/ways to Tweak 9.5 to get it to run faster?

Are you running it on a VM? if yes then more memory... after wanting a new laptop for years, I finally bought one and this thing is fast :) I dont have Proficy on it but it runs my others at blazing speed

Are you running it on a VM? if yes then more memory... after wanting a new laptop for years, I finally bought one and this thing is fast :) I dont have Proficy on it but it runs my others at blazing speed

Your others? I really am asking about Proficy. I don't have the same wait on opening a project in Logix5k

I have 16GB looking to upgrade to 32

Yes I have many different programs and several VMs, but you did not answer the question, are you running a VM? or is this on your native?

VM Info

Sorry I am short geniusintraining.

Yes this is on a VM

VM Player - 16.0.0 build-16894299.
Guest VM OS 64-bit (Build 18363) 10.0. 18363 - Win 10

Host OS is Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit (Build 19041.630) 10.0.19041, 16GB installed

Thanks.

More memory will definitely help, the last time I installed my Siemens VM on a 16bit it would not even open, I have not noticed GE being a memory hog anymore than others... hope someone chimes in and gives a suggestion on how to improve the performance