panel veiw 1000 and 1500

delreyss

i have a panel view 1500 that i copied the app from and want to put it on a panel view 1000. i uploaded the mer file and i only get 75% of the screen. its like the 1000 isnt big enuff to see the whole screen. how do i reformat the screen

Different number of pixels, it's showing all that it can. You'll have to resize. From Factorytalk View Studio click on 'Project Settings' then change the pixels to the target screen. You may have to manually resize some objects. Create a new .mer and download.

In FactoryTalk View Studio, open the "Project Settings" window.

When you change from PanelView Plus 1500 (1024 x 768 ) to PanelView Plus 700/100 (800x600), the software will attempt to scale all the graphical objects and fonts so they fit on the smaller screen.

You'll see that it gives you options for what types of objects to scale, and reminds you that this cannot be un-done. Be sure to make a backup before you try this.

In my experience it's not perfect; some graphics and objects don't look very good after being scaled. But it's better than re-sizing everything manually.