Red Lion Crimson Windows 10

I found exactly the same on my Lenovo 'Yoga 3' tablet PC. Crimson 3 worked OK, with the touch screen, on Windows 8 but after I upgraded to Windows 10 it hangs on the splash. Disabling the touch screen works but is a nuisance.

I see no sense to disabling parts of my computer to compensate for an unnecessary feature of software. The splash screen is pointless, intrusive, obnoxious, and completely unnecessary.

C-More works fine, and as far as the operators are concerned, works just as well as the Red Lion.

If RL want's me back as a customer, they would address the issue.

I see no sense to disabling parts of my computer to compensate for an unnecessary feature of software. The splash screen is pointless, intrusive, obnoxious, and completely unnecessary.

C-More works fine, and as far as the operators are concerned, works just as well as the Red Lion.

If RL want's me back as a customer, they would address the issue.

So are you saying that as soon as Redlion addresses this issue (and I agree that it has taken them too long to do so) you will stop working with C-More and start using Redlion?

Possibly. Currently, the CMore is more than adequate. I hate a million different devices, but an HMI is an HMI. I'd probably go back to RL, but that is a moot point until they get their software fixed.

Possibly. Currently, the CMore is more than adequate. I hate a million different devices, but an HMI is an HMI. I'd probably go back to RL, but that is a moot point until they get their software fixed.

Redlion posted their fix today in release 683.000 and I can confirm that there are no longer any startup issues. I haven't had a chance to use it for a project yet.

If you have a touchscreen, disable the touch part in device manager.

The newer versions of crimson 3 seem to work fine with rich enabled.

Mark

If you have a touchscreen, disable the touch part in device manager.

The newer versions of crimson 3 seem to work fine with rich enabled.

Mark

Zombie thread, but since I started it, I'll chime in that I have abandoned RL OIT's because of this issue, and moved on to other brands.

I have started specifying the RL/SixNet Ethernet switches for everything, but I wish they would put in a FULL DHCP server PER PORT, rather then just IP only.