pwd protect unity project

You need also to select program sections and blocks which you want to protect on program side. (lock/unlock image)
Same program can have sections and blocks which are not protected and which are protected. Also you can give only read and no read/write access to different sections.

If program is protected and you select no read/write, program can still be uploaded from PLC.
But Without password it is inpossible to view program sections.
If you want disable program upload competely then unselect upload information management.
After that no one can go online with PLC, if there is no same offline project on laptop than on PLC.

So no way to just password protect the project so that someone can't open w/o the password then?

If i password protect the sections, then it appears if I can't open them until I clear the master pwd?

Then it says the project needs built. Then if I build it, it won't match the project in the plc.

ug

If you password protect PLC program, it needs to online built.

After you have once passworded PLC program, it stays on build state.
Only if you make modifications then it needs to build and transfer (or online modification)

When PLC have password protection, you go online but can't look code (if read/write protected).
Then if you give right password, you can view and modify code, PLC stays on build state if you don't change anything.
If you only view and close project, next time when you go online it has same version as earlier, but you need to give password everytime when you go online and wan't to view program section.

Forget the online aspect for now.

If I protect each section to "no/read write", how can I read w/o causing a rebuild?

OK, After going to online, you see that section are locked. (there is lock image above sections).
You give password at online, locks go to unlock state, project is still build state and you can view program sections.
If you save project now, close project and reopen, sections are locked state and you need to give password again.
On leaving from online you only need to disconnect, close. Program is locked on next online connection.

Same also for offline project, if you open stu/sta file, locks are on. Entering password only opens project view, it won't change build state and on next time you open protection is active.

p.s Tested
Opening password protection of FBD needs build.
Opening password protection of program section don't need build.

Last edited:
OK, After going to online, you see that section are locked. (there is lock image above sections).
You give password at online, locks go to unlock state, project is still build state and you can view program sections.
If you save project now, close project and reopen, sections are locked state and you need to give password again.
On leaving from online you only need to disconnect, close. Program is locked on next online connection.

Same also for offline project, if you open stu/sta file, locks are on. Entering password only opens project view, it won't change build state and on next time you open protection is active.

p.s Tested
Opening password protection of FBD needs build.
Opening password protection of program section don't need build.

ok, yes, I'm a pot smoker. I lost you at online.