RSLogix 5000 array tags (I/O points)

Vuli

Hi

I am using ControlLogix L32E and
RSLogix 5000 V13 (Structured Text).
I was wandering if its possible to assign IO points to tag array.

example:

Tag Name: IOArray
Data Type: BOOL[16]

Output card: 1769-IQ16/A (16 outputs) in slot 1

Is it possible to assign an IO point to each element of IOArray.

End result would be something like this:

IOArray[0] is alias for Local:1:O.Data.0
IOArray[1] is alias for Local:1:O.Data.1
IOArray[2] is alias for Local:1:O.Data.2

makes sense ... (?)

If this is not possible what do you think would be the best
way to loop through IO points (I have about 200 :( ).

Thanx

Vuli

Yes...
1) Create a user defined type, containing an array of bools. (Ex. UDT: BitArray, with one entry 'Bits' of type 'BOOL[32]')
2) Create a tag of that type (Ex: TestBitArray of type BitArray)
3) Use the COP instruction to copy your base input tag (ex: Local:5:I.Data) to your UDT Tag (Ex: TestBitArray), with Length set to the number of bits to copy (8/16/32/12)