Going Online Problem in Omron CPM2A PLC using CX-Programmer on Vista OS

riyajahamad

Dear PLC Experts,
I am trying to go online with Omron Sysmac CPM2A PLC with CX-Programmer V 6.0 on Windows Vista Operating System. It gives message of PLC not connected. Communication Cable is ok as I tested on other setup. My laptop does not have real serial port hence I am using USB-Serial converter. USB-Serial converter working fine as I tested on same laptop with NT Support Tool and HMI.
Is this problem is due to Operating System Windows Vista ?
Is anybody come with such type of problem ?
Thanks in advance.
Riyaz,
Pune, India.

mine is working fine on vista although i am using cx programmer v7
maybe you must find an updated driver for vista

I do not think version 6 (over 3 years old) is Vista compatible.

Contact your local Omron distributor about an upgrade to CX-One version 3. This will contain CX-Programmer version 8.
If you will only be working with CPM product, ask about CX-Programmer Jr. or CX-Programmer Lite.

Hope this will help.

Going Online Problem in Omron CPM2A PLC using CX-Programmer on Vista OS

Dear gtsuport & Chud,
Thanks for your reply, today I tried using CX-Programmer Ver 7.03, but no luck. Not success to connect with PLC. Is anybody have some other suggetion ?
Thanks in advance.
Riyaz

Last edited:
Are you connecting to the 9 pin port on the CPM2A?

Do you have the correct cable?

Did you setup the Network Type and COM port information properly
in the Change PLC dialog box?

What is the position of the communications switch next to the port? Down or Off uses the setting in the PC Setup area.
Up or On uses default communication settings. Set the switch to the up position, then power down CPM2A and power up. Then try connecting.

Hope this will help.

Omron CX Programmer and Windows Vista OP

Dear gtsuport,
Thanks for your response.
I am not connected to 9 pin CPM2A connected to other programming port.
My Cable and adapter is correct as tried on other laptop which having CX-Programmer V7.03 but XP OS.
I am going on line from AutoOnline option by making proper com port setting.
I had not considered switch setting you mentioned as I tried and success with other laptop having XP OS on same PLC.
Will check and update to you.
Riyaz,
Pune India.

I have NEVER had a problem with connecting to any Omron PLC so far with Vista. I use Vista Business SP1 (home is useless), I have UAC turned off and I ONLY use the Omron tested and approved USB/RS232 converter.
Works great with my laptop (Dell Vostro with lots of horse power, memory, 17" screen and only USB ports) and desktop (awesome machine).

cx programmer communication with cpu

hi , i have a problem with the communication between cx programmer and CPU

i installed the pilote of adapter usb_serial but i havent the connexion and the lamp COM1 at the CPU not active and i cant go on line . plz can you help me