Create a function in RsLogix/Studio 5000

BTW, they are called "negative" and "positive" screwdrivers in some locations.
Allen keys are Hex keys. Hex keys are used to open the trunk where the hexes are stored. :p
Which locations? I would honestly stare blankly for a minute, while thinking "but you don't have any screwdrivers for me to give you "negative" one screwdriver" if someone asked for a negative screwdriver.

We get it dude, from all your posts, you hate Rockwell Automation.

I don't think it's so much hate... it's telling it as it is since most people don't dare accept or criticize Rockwell's obvious shortcomings. Perhaps if we all criticised and showed more how far behind they are, they'd get better and we'd actually get value from their kit.

I don't think it's so much hate... it's telling it as it is since most people don't dare accept or criticize Rockwell's obvious shortcomings. Perhaps if we all criticised and showed more how far behind they are, they'd get better and we'd actually get value from their kit.
Basically their is a cult of rockwell. If rockwell didn't have all these short comings I wouldn't have anything to complain about them. Also if everyone didn't make so many excuses for them, then I would probably be a lot less vocal about it.

Once upon a time I was not a fan of the Microsoft .Net ecosystem. Back then it had a lot of short comings, but Microsoft has done a complete 180 over the last decade, and now I love .Net, though it still has some short comings mainly cross platform UI.

Buttom line, I don't mention these things just because I have some anti-Rockwell fetish I mention them because they make my job of writing clean, modular code a lot harder.

I am forced to use Rockwell, other wise I also wouldn't be as vocal about it for that reason too.

In the early noughties We had a RSV32 system with a number of SC505's on it.
The original supplier went to the wall along with the source code, RSV license disks and passwords for everything, although not very old we decided to upgrade the RSV Scada and enhance it, I was very familiar with Rockwell but had no experience with RSV, We placed an order for over 27K of software and the Rockwell rep & reasonable expert came along to help set it up if we struggled, No problems with installation and they sat there drinking coffee as we did not need their expertise. This is what I call good service & backup.
However, a couple of years later when RA limited their supply base, introduced Tech connect, put their prices up & started introducing updates faster than I could change my underpants a query I had on a new system we put in left me feeling that all they are interested in is extracting as much cash out of their customers, gone is the free support (well a very long wait) if you spend money with them, updates that you need as there appears to be no backward compatibility extortionate prices the list goes on. Many other companies sadly are also going this way but RA's business strategy ensured that from that moment on we switched suppliers and as an estimate I reckon that over 800k of sales have been lost by them. This is probably a drop in the ocean to them but I wonder how many more smaller users have dropped them in favour of companies that will support you for a modest or no cost.
I have spoke to many system houses, most are small concerns as they are usually contracted to the larger OEM's or Manufacturing companies, most of them would drop RA but sometimes are stuck with them due to customer requirements.

This is probably a drop in the ocean to them but I wonder how many more smaller users have dropped them in favour of companies that will support you for a modest or no cost.

This was me about 2 years ago... another 800k or so they lost and they were already in and had very vocal supporters (mostly out of fear of change)... all they had to do was present a reasonable price and explain why I had to change everything because they stopped making an IO system, not be arrogant and somewhat mysoginist (although this is a problem of the rep and not the company). But no... the whole we know more than you and you'll pay us was simply too much, particularly compared to the representative and costs of their competitor who came in wanting to help us achieve our vision.

Sadly, I've now moved on and someone already bit the bullet big time on them... luckily, the rep I'm dealing with is much nicer, though the value you get is low... very low...

Polarity

BTW, they are called "negative" and "positive" screwdrivers in some locations.
Allen keys are Hex keys. Hex keys are used to open the trunk where the hexes are stored. :p

Wait, I thought a negative screwdriver was for loosening screws, and a positive for tightening... Little wonder I've had so much trouble with those things!