TPDS Toshiba programming facility

interdog

Hi
I am stuck for the time being with a few systems using the T1 16s ( now extinct) and the TPDS programing software. In the last months the software , when saving a modified program, has stopped creating the CM2 comment file along with the program ,which you would normally find with the program file name and .cm2 designation.
It creates an empty .cm2 file
Nothing in my procedure or my kit has changed.
If I choose a comment file by hand to save comments in that works, but that's clumsy to do every time a program is saved.
I don't know if there are any TPDS sufferers out there?

TPDS cannot save changes

I am modifying the Ladder code of Toshiba EX100 using EX-PDD.
I cannot save my changes pressing F7 + Shift as it is written in the help. The TPDS says this key is not active.
All other functions work fine.
I have my activation dongle connected to the Laptop.
Can anybody advise?

Hi there
I am an old TPDS user - now retired!
The ladder in the PLC memory only has the ladder logic, the comments are stored in the laptop.
I suspect the ladder has been downloaded from the PLC and has not been matched with the comment file.

Hi Andy, either you or I may have misread the post, to me he has not stated saving comment in the plc but probably on disk as a CM2 file. I'm not familiar with that software but it sounds like there is some tick box or something that has been inadvertently unclicked so it is not saving the comments file.
It would be helpful to those who are familiar with the software if the original poster gave more info i.e. version of software, is it Dos based, windows (what original version) if it was windows what op was it designed for, if xp and trying to run it on win7 or above has someone turned off compatibility mode if win 7 or above maybe an update has caused it to not function correctly.
I know in early versions of Mitsubishi it was not possible to download comments to the plc , however, in the later versions like GX IEC it was possible providing there was sufficient memory.