PF755 data on the hmi

stu

hi
I have a machine with a compactlogix plc and a powerflex 755 which the Machine is running ok, but I would like to create a hmi screen with the drive info on faults,trends current ect , Im aware of the Add on instruction But never used them before, which you need the template for the hmi which I have added to the hmi I understand that .
now this is the issues the existing program
has the Ethernet drive in the program which is call Agitator the Tags for the drive a called Agitator:I and Agitator:O which are
in the Ladder to control the drive .
if I what to use the PF755 template in FTV then do I need to have the RSlogix5000 PF755 add on block ? or can I assign the Agitator tags to operate the Faceplate ?
and how do I assign the tags to the Template ? is it in Parameters? #1::[PLC]Agitator?

thanks stu

agitator I_O.PNG ethernet 755.PNG PF755_Faceplate.PNG

So Rockwell has decent instructions to set up the faceplate information on a step by step. I just used one on a PF525 that i heavily modified since i did not want an operator mode. Yes you need to use the faceplate add on instruction for Studio 5000 unless you want to do the background programming.

You also have to add a parameter file for execution so the faceplate knows what to reference.