forum upgrade... this weekend.

I have just gotten back from being on the road for a couple weeks. I get in this morning and I have this message in my title bar

PLCs.net ticker is now extinct...

I am freaking out. Please tell me it is not so. How do I get this back. Help

quick tutorial

OK, here's a quick 'add a picture to your post' tutorial. I've added it to the FAQ as well.

I'll post more for some other 'new' features. Any requests?

tutorial is here

Enjoy,

Last edited:
glenncovington said:
I have just gotten back from being on the road for a couple weeks. I get in this morning and I have this message in my title bar

I'd have to reprogram it for this new forum. You're only the second person to say something...
Anyone else miss it? If so, I'll re-program it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenncovington

I'd have to reprogram it for this new forum. You're only the second person to say something...
Anyone else miss it? If so, I'll re-program it.

yes, please! The ticker is my only interface to the sane world!

Hey Phil,

What's the group membership section of our profiles all about? I tried looking this up, but couldn't find it anywhere.

AK

I was curious about this myself.

When viewing "Some one elses" profile, in the lower right corner, to the right of "Bography"...

"Group Memberships".

"kc9ih is not a member of any public groups"

regards.....casey

PS: Phil: Can I change from kc9ih to something else?

I know, then everyone will want to...

kc9ih said:
When viewing "Some one elses" profile, in the lower right corner, to the right of "Bography"...

"Group Memberships".
Oh.... Everyone is either a member or a guest and sees the same topics.

If there were sub-forums we could add certain members to a membership list to grant access. Perhaps a gold club, a silver club, etc. For now it really doesn't apply...
In the future it might be good for a consumer-reports team to discuss the latest results, for example.
kc9ih said:
Phil: Can I change from kc9ih to something else?
Yes and no...
Yes means that you can re-register and lose your post count, etc.
No means that if I change your username you'll lose everything like postcount, etc.
It's up to you...

Phil Melore said:
Yes means that you can re-register and lose your post count, etc.
No means that if I change your username you'll lose everything like postcount, etc.
It's up to you...

Can he create a new account and then you merge them? I saw there merge user function on the VBulletin site

More nit-picking

šŸ™ƒ
Who put the "Mark Forums Read" link right next to the "New Posts" link?!?! ;)
I guess I need to practice my aim.

It seems that there used to be a "View New Posts" link next to my profile after logging in. Any way to get that back? Or am I the only one that usually only checks new posts when visiting?

Great job, Phil... nice look!

-Phil

Never mind.

Here it is.
hereitis.JPG

I'm an idiot.o_O