Help with Mitsi IP Address Please

Big_Robo

Hi all,

I'm not all that clued up on GX Developer with A series CPU.

I have an Ethernet module A1SJ71E71N3-T and for the life of me I cant connect to it to monitor program. I have uploaded the project taken from the CPU (taken via RS422) could anyone help me out please i'm beyond lost.

I have no idea what the IP is or even how it communicates in the program.

The end aim is to be able to connect to the CPU via this module from a VPN router.

Thank You.

I have had a look at the code and the ethernet settings are programmatically set from rung 10105 this moves hex numbers into a register then this is transferred to the buffer of the card (9), It's many years since I have done one of these, nowadays on the later Q series this can be done with a utility rather than code in the program. If you download the manuals you should be able to work out the IP address from there, I seem to remember doing this but I did not use 32-bit words so I would have sent the words separately. so If I remember correctly part of the Hex value moved to D1000 will be the IP address you really need the manual. Is anything connected to this card already? you may be able to use an IP scanner to find the address there are a number of free ones like angryIP etc. There are a number of moves to the buffer memories of the cards these are depicted by the parameters in the TO instruction for example [TO H9 K0 D1000 K2] means send the hex value in D1000 (2 words D1000,D1001) to the buffer memories in the card in slot 9 two words so it moves the value in D1000 & D1001 to buffer memories B#0 & B#1
The Ethernet card has many buffers and these will be explained in the programming manual for the card. I'm currently busy, but I will try to find the manual & see if I can decode the IP. Remember the A Series PLCs are obsolete being replaced by the Q so finding a manual may take a little searching. Best of luck

Here is the link to the manual:
http://www.inverter-plc.com/plc/melsec/AJ71E71-S3,A1S71E71-B2-S3,A1SJ71E71,--B5-S3,USER MANUAL.pdf

I have looked at the hex code sent to the buffer and may be the hex values are byte reversed so it could be 192.160.200 and then HexE (15) may be host ID
However, if not byte reversed as I suspect then the IP address will be 12.10.140.133 with a host ID of 15 note: it depends on what you want to do with the communications this is probably set up for a specific type so it may not work for programming protocol you will need to look into this more closely.

I have looked at the hex code sent to the buffer and may be the hex values are byte reversed so it could be 192.160.200 and then HexE (15) may be host ID

Hello Parky, one quick question here.
I am looking at Big_Robo's code and rung 10105 has the command:

[DMOV H0C0A8C85E D1000]

In this case would the IP address not be:
0xC0(192) . 0xA8(168) . 0xC8(200) . 0x5E(94), or 192.168.200.49?

I am trying to understand how you come with the value 192.160.200.15 as explained in your post, or may I be misunderstanding your explanation perhaps?

My bad, yes I think you are right, I wrote down the bytes wrongly when I converted them Doh.. I took the left hand 0 as the first part of the byte Edit: That is why I thought it must be byte reversed as an IP starting at 12 seemed unusual. After all it was 25 years ago I last used the A series

Last edited: