OT - Experience with Ethernet cable testers

mikek

Does anyone have experience with network cable testers? I need to periodically monitor a CAT5/ethernet cable that is installed in a system, which will be almost continually in motion and determine if degradation is occurring. Test period could be 3-6 months depending on results. The plan is to monitor solutions from several different manufactures to make an educated guess on which will have the longest life. I 'think' peak speed and dB measurements may be the data I'm looking to record.

Thanks in advance!

Similar Topics

We have a current machine that has 3 yaskawa servo drives being controlled by a Galil Motion Controller. I added a compactlogix L306ER to the...
Replies
Views
@ All: what is your best guess on a potential range in increase in efficiency in % (i.e. saved programming hours, greater output, etc.) when...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, has anyone worked with any type of Keyence PLC and could share their experience with it? Vendor showed me camera footage reply of a work...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a customer inquiring about an automation product called uSwitch. I can read all the literature but working experience is always...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, does anyone have experience with using Codesys software for PLC programming? (https://www.codesys.us/) What I can find out is that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom