Panelview Plus

Michael Hunt

Hi

Does anyone else hate panelview plus. I never once had a problem with panelviews or panelbuilder 32 but ever since moving to panelview plus it has been a nightmare. I find them very tempermental and slow. Anyone else agree

Hi Micheal

I agree and disagree with you.They can be tempermental till you get to used to them.It still has its moments and as for slow do you want to expand i.e is the update rate slow as you can speed this up.

Donnchadh K

I wish I was able to move away from them, unfortunately almost every customer I deal with has them as part of their spec.
I like the actual PV+ but admit that the software leaves a lot to be desired in terms of user friendliness.
For me at least, it's just something I have to deal with and over the years I've learnt to be a little more patient.

We use them - two main problems:

The password methods have changed from a local method to a system method. Now if passwords are set up and the program (apa) is moved to another computer the passwords are all screwed up. I would like to keep the local (3.2) methods which worked just fine while keeping the other updates that have taken place.

The methods for multi languages is horrible. To program the other languages you have to exit the program and then re-enter choosing the other language. Other displays just have a pul down box for each control letting you set up all the language prompts as you enter each control.

what dont you like about the software? My only experience is with quickpanel other than rsview studio. I like the software. the only thing i dont like about them is the price.

SMOKE said:
I like ME ok but when I started using SE anger levels went up. Im not a IT guy. Just try to change pages from the PLC like you use to.

??? ME works the same way it did with the Panelview Classics. Is it the SE thats different?

There is definitely a learning curve if you're making the transition from the Classic but I think its worth it.

I Hate it, you want to do a simple change, you re-load it re-boot it & when it finaly boots it tells you could not load alarms damm go to config, delete logs etc. then find the thing looses it's comms settings.
It looks like RSV32 compacted for HMi (why not take our old hat system, make a few changes & charge the earth for it).
Give me Got, E series or even siemens. or omron so easy to use.