Ab Slc 5/04 New

okiebob

I have just about got the folks who have the $$$ to spring for a "TEST BED" I am currently wavering between a SLC and a DL from AutomationDirect. The AB systems in the field, great practice, and software on hand Auto D great practice, few systems (growing) and able to get hmi and maybe some other goodies.
Requirements. PLC (low end) 16 inputs (120 VAC) 16 outputs (120 VAC) Relay outputs 4 minimum, analog input 4 channels, one output 4 channels all cables if not redily avail, AB software (RS logix 5 and 500)are ONHAND. DL software would be needed, plus manuals. Now the BIG Question HOW MUCH roughly just something to kick to the bean counters. I can go to a couple of schools for about $3000 OR I can push for something that will be useful for myself and others in the group (BTW 4 others have attended the RSLOGIX programming First level school) I want to get a good feel before I make the call. ie don't want the sales reps thinking about a sale until i can be sure this is the best way to go. Thanks guys

If the main PLC you have in your plant is AB then you can get a micro 1500 starter kit with all you need. If you plan on going to AD then you can get a micro and the software for that cheap enough. The software is somewhat different between AB and AD. Some things in the ladder are different as well but both can serve as test beds. I have both myself...

In the PLANT"S"

We currently work world wide and have just about everything under the sun. PLC-3, 5 SLC 5/01 and UP, Siemens LOgo and up, GETTY drive controls, GE, Cortland-Monarch, AutoD/Koyo/Direct Logic, Mitsubishi, TI, Scheineder, Omron, plus Lots and lots, the Idea behind this is the SKILL involved and not the Brand. We do have the books on nearly ALL but when one guy is in PALMA de Majorca for a job why bring in another just to Reload a program or some other goofy thing when you can talk this person through most GOOFY little probs without having to go to PALMA ( Sure wish I was in Palma) CROSS training for even the MECHANICAL types. GOTTA lov'em they build what our stuff makes happen.

Last edited: