iFix error!

nfulmer

Does anyone know what the iFIX system error message means?

"Cannot start iFIX. Please identify the program which is still accessing iFIX system resources and shut it down before restarting."

I get it when I try to install iFIX after restarting Windows XP, which would imply a start-up task that is interfering with iFIX, but I cannot identify any tasks.

Oddly enough, uninstalling recent Windows Security updates seems to alleviate the error, but again, I cannot see why this would be the case.

What are things that access iFIX system resources that would prevent it from starting up after a reboot?

Best,
Ned

Check to see if opc20ifix.exe is running. If it is, kill the process and go find the service "opcenum" and set it to manual start.

Similar Topics

Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine I have a new IFIX 5.8 installation and I copied the project structure over...
Replies
Views
Hi I've modified an iFix application and seem to be getting this fault everytime I run the project. Even when I am in workspace I get the error...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am receiving a runtime error in my Intellution IFIX 3.0 as follows: Runtime Error '-2147200630(8004518a)': Automation Error can...
Replies
Views
Hello. Currently I am using the program 3.5 of its SCADA IFIX GEFANUC and I are the problem that the error would not know how to fix the security...
Replies
Views
I am using the MB1 driver for modbus communication with ifix and controller But when i tried to start the drivers using the driver utility for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom