Clear a Bit Array in Logix. How?

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there a way (instruction or a method) to clear all the bits in a boolean Array in a single scan without using a "For - Break" instruction?

For example, I have a bit Array BOOL[64] and need to set all the bits in this array to Zero in one go. Is it possible with Logix5K?

I cannot use a DINT as it only has 32bits (it would have been easy otherwise). I need to have 64 bits so each bit ID matches a Device ID# number and helps keep things nice and tidy without having to use several DINT's, in which case bit # would not match the device #.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Peter,

Tag #1 - TEST1 (Bool[64])

Tag #2 - TEST2 (DINT[2])

COPY SOURCE = TEST2
DEST = TEST1
LEN = 2

Does not work? (Cannot compile)

What am I doing Wrong?

Thanks Again.

Create a UDT (xyz or whatever)with a single member ID as BOOL[64]