Wonderware Historian

Jezz

HI All,
I've got a problem with a couple of devices communicating to our historian server where the coms is lost (normally someone switching something off or just a random coms issue) what I'm wanting to do is set up an even tag to email me when we lose coms on a I/O server topic , the email is set up and working, I'm just struggling to fine the best way to trigger that an I/O server has failed any suggestions welcome ?

Thanks in advance

Are you using Intouch as well?

You could monitor Intouch's connection to the DA Server with an IOStatus topic or monitor the DA server connection to a specific device with the $SYS$Status tag?

We have InTouch but not on every topic most are daservers to specific items, so I'm looking to do it all on the server if possible.

Is the issue specific to the end device being switched off, or comma are just lost ie logging is missed..?
I can think of a couple of solutions, but does depend on what the root cause is & what platforms you are using.?

A simple option could be to the a periodic query on a tag per topic looking for a change from the last value, but that relies on a changing tag...
I often use a clock.second tick for similar

We have had both an item being switched off ( or it's local network switch failing) and an I/O server hanging up in both cases we simply stopped receiving data, how would you do a periodic query on a tag changing value SQL is not my first language LOL

Last edited:
I've tried using a Generic SQL Detector to trigger an Event tag but keep getting errors,

The code I used was:

SELECT OPCQuality
FROM runtime.dbo.DiscreteLive
WHERE TagName IN ('Work-Shop-Email-Test') AND OPCQuality = 192

and that would return a table with a value of 192 if connected and no table if disconnect, I'm not sure what the Detector is looking for when using generic SQL.