PV 550 Application Error

LMBrian

Good morning,

We have an older HMI, PV 550, 2711-B5A9. Just attempted to download an application to it and after the download was comlete we have the following error: 2007 Application File contains errors 14697. I no longer can communicate through Linx with it either. Is there a way to restore it to factory settings?
Thanks for any info!

The Firmware Version is 4.48. This HMI has both a touchscreen and a touchpad.

Then power it up and look for the little white square to appear after the self test. Touch that square and it should take you to a configuration screen where you can access port settings and the load and save menu.

Also, you should be able to use a PCMCIA adapter and a CF card (which were once very common) to perform program transfers much faster and more reliably than using a communication port. The CF card has to be formatted FAT16 IIRC, which I think you can do right from the touchscreen if necessary.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Prod...96kS8bROKt6-eS2-emRoC1eAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

The size of the CF card it can handle is limited, which lately makes them harder to find. The smaller the better in most cases. I seem to recall using a 256MB card successfully.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/product/product.aspx?item=9b-20-161-728

Thanks OkiePC,
When I touch the white square after the self test, I just get a blank screen. It will then, after a few minutes, indicate Error 60 which is the CPU could not execute code.

The application I downloaded is an actual upload of an existing similar PV 550 with the same catalog number and Revision number. I also validated the application in PanelBuilder 32 prior to downloading and it reported no errors. If I could get back to the config page, I could have more success but not sure how I can

Thanks again

You might try a firmware update on it. I am not sure where to find the firmware these days, but it should be included on the original installation disc and can probably be trawled up with some tedious Google Fu.

Eventually got my hands on a suitable CF card and formatted it successfully. I was able to download the application to the terminal using the card as the terminal would not run the application after downloading using the PanelBuilder32 software. The terminal would also lock up and I would lose my comms link to the terminal. I did find the procedure to clear the memory and remove the application:
-Cycle power to the terminal
-When the terminal is rebooting, numbers are displayed (e.g.,1, 24, 32)
-Press the lower left key, (F9) and upper right key, (9), simultaneously when 32 is
reached.
-The unit will enter Configuration Mode and the application has been erased.
-The terminal is now ready for another download.