function blocks gx works2

pharmaz0ne

Hello, in gx works there is a lot of function blocks ready to use - operators, functions etc. Where can i fand any info about what is what, there is nothing in manuals, for example whats the diference between MOVP and MOV, AND and ANDD etc..

Many thanks,

When you have -P at end of instruction it means it happens on pulse of condition that set it.
For example, if X0 turns on and it enables MOVP instruction then MOVP instruction is executed on rising edge of X0, and only on rising edge of X0.
While MOV operation would be executed every cycle where is X0 on.

-D at the end of instruction means it's done with double words, with 32 bits. It can also be at beggining of the instruction, i.e. DADD, DMOV etc.

It's all in the manuals, i suggest begginer manuals at first, also Mitsubishi manuals have list of related manuals at beginning of every manual, just google them, they're all online. I'll link few for the start:
http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc/sh080787eng/sh080787engp.pdf
http://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc/sh080780eng/sh080780engy.pdf

What manuals have you been looking at? I know they are explained in the controller manual.

I found that most all instructions where able to be found in the Help section of the toolbar in GX Works2 and the first drop down is help, when you open that up if you type in the search the exact name label of the function block it will pull up a hint sheet, as well if you open the corresponding file box that says instructions, that is where they are stored. Not comprehensive but close.