How to generate a major fault in one chassis of ControlLogix redundancy system

freshmeat

Hi Experts,

I need to test if a ControlLogix redundancy system will switchover when the Primary chassis has a major fault occurred.

I followed "Logix5000 Controllers Major, Minor, and I/O Faults Programming Manual" to generate a user-defined major fault. When I trigger the fault, Primary chassis went to fault mode and the Secondary chassis switched to be Primary but it (was Secondary) went to fault mode as well.

Is it possible to generate a major fault in one chassis only but not both?

The ControlLogix is 1756-L71 (v20.058).

Thanks and regards,
Freshmeat

You can have a module set to major fault on connection error and just slide the card out.

Do you have an error handling fault routine?

Hi Maxling,

Thank you for your reply. Connection error (communication module in lonely state) or Removal/Insertion of module can trigger switchover indeed. Actually I want to test if the system will switchover if there is software (or internal?) major fault.

Anyway, in case anyone is interested. I have successfully generated a major fault in one chassis but not both. Only thing you need to do is adding a chassis ID comparison before triggering the major fault in the routine.

Regards,
Freshmeat