Wonderware System Platform 2017 - Intouch ViewApp cannot write any tags

Saffa

Hi all,

This is my first System Platform 2017 install. Have done plenty of mods to existing 2014 R2 installs and know what I'm doing in terms of objects, templates etc.

But I'm stuck with an incredibly frustrating problem, where my Intouch ViewApp seems to be unable to write to any galaxy object attributes. SMC is not showing any errors in the logs.

Have tried the following:

Tried galaxy security as None, Archestra and OS User based. Set same in Intouch. Object permissions for Operate assigned to all user groups. User logged in correctly to Intouch.

Changed attribute security to allow free access and redeployed. Still no dice.

I can change the attribute value within Archestra using the built in Object Viewer. The value displays correctly within Intouch so i know the input field is correctly linked.

Anyone have any ideas? Can post pics of relevant configurations if required.

Assume you can read values ok?
Are you writing via an InTouch graphic, or an Archestra graphic?
If an archestra graphic, is it a standalone or embedded graphic in object.?

If you can write via object viewer, then the .writeaddress address must be correct.

Sounds like a bug, have you got the latest SP installed.?

Reading values works fine. I didn't even realize there was an issue until during commissioning. One of those things you just expect to work!

I have downloaded 2017 Update 2 this weekend as was only using Update 1. Same behavior after upgrading GR and the app engine / visualization node.

input fields / buttons graphics embedded in each object; i.e. my motor control popup is a graphic within my motor $userdefined derivation.

I then also tried just creating a text entry within Intouch and linking it to the object within the galaxy. Same behavior.

I think the OI server is working fine and the App Engine is also doing its thing. I think it's an Intouch issue. Going to try a stand alone application tomorrow with a tag linked straight to the OI gateway and see what happens.

Will then have to see how much milage i get with WW Tech support tomorrow... not holding my breath!

Finally figured it out.

Client had an old read-only Intouch 10.1 licence which was migrated over when they upgraded to System Platform 2017. The license manager was automatically assigning this license to my Intouch viewapp runtime. I only figured it out when i received the dreaded annual subscription cost and saw it top of the list!

Opening the licence manager on the galaxy node i was able to assign a specific Supervisory client (i.e. intouch) licence to the machine i required.

Pity i only figured it out after days spent rebuilding the galaxy and windows machines from scratch...