Com Setup SLC 5/01 and RL G307K2

cmarinello

After spending my time reading and getting advise for free I am finally able to post something that may help the poor soul that tries to get a 5/01 to talk to a G307K2.

What is required.
Standard Straight Through Cat5 Ethernet Cable.
RJ45 TO DB9 FEMALE SERIAL RS232 MODULAR ADAPTER (Can be Purchased @http://www.cablestogo.com/product/02941). Male DB9

I have attached the pictorial.

I hope this helps someone.

You all have helped me more on more than one occasion.

Now I just have to figure out how to write a Program for the HMI...

Connector SLC 5_01.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting ! These sorts of notes are very valuable in the user community.

Add another step: "Label DH485 cable as "NOT ETHERNET" to avoid blowing up future users LAN ports".

The DH485 port on an SLC-5/01, /02, or /03 controller has 24V DC on Pins 3 and 8, and more than a few people have made the wrong assumption that the SLC jack was an Ethernet port.

There are quite a few experienced Crimson 3 users here, as well as some novices (like me) who value straightforward examples. If you've got questions, ask away !