FT View Studio tag database question

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all, I have an existing project with FTView ME running in my FTView Studio (v12.00) and I am trying to add a display box. When I go to select the tag I want to read no tags appear at all, other than system tags, for me to choose from. Nothing in offline nor online. I know they're available somewhere but I cannot locate them. Any idea why they don't appear? THanks

Hello all, I have an existing project with FTView ME running in my FTView Studio (v12.00) and I am trying to add a display box. When I go to select the tag I want to read no tags appear at all, other than system tags, for me to choose from. Nothing in offline nor online. I know they're available somewhere but I cannot locate them. Any idea why they don't appear? THanks

Oh for crying out loud! I don't know how I missed it but.....this was it. :p

We've all been there!

OG

I guess I didn't get it. I thought it was happy however, when I try to verify I get this:
Application type: FactoryTalk View Machine Edition.

CPR: 9
Server: 'RNA://$PRD_FDD177C4_7FDF_4396_9F3D_2191E57F8330/Robot_1/RSLinx Enterprise' on 'localhost'.
Shortcut path for data communication: Network Path. If the Network Path is unavailable, data communication is using Device Path.

Shortcut 'AX':

· Device path: 5 Slot 5069 Backplane 2.I2018189_IPM_PLC_Code
· Network path:
* Warning: No valid Network path is assigned for Path1.
* Error: Unable to retrieve Design EDS information and it cannot be displayed correctly in topology, install its EDS file.
* Warning: Offline tag file is selected but cannot be found on workstation.
* Error: Unable to retrieve Runtime EDS information and it cannot be displayed correctly in topology, install its EDS file.