Wincc v7.4 Scada Communication with scalance managed switch

nikhilbcs

Dear All,
I need information about how to communicate Wincc v7.4 scada with scalance xb205-3ld manage switch to check its communication port status.(Without any siemese PLC/ Directly to Siemes SCADA)

Is anyone can help me who did it before directly with scada
🤞🏻

I think this is possible when the switch is used as Profinet only. You can then create a profinet network in your hardware configuration and integrate the correct switch in the network.
Then by using the Options -> "Report System Error" tool, get the information into a DB for display in PCS7.

But I haven't had the opportunity to check this myself, so you may have to play a bit with it.

Edit: you may also be able to retrieve this information with SFC51 too... but again, haven't checked it.

Thanks for ur reply
I am having Wincc Scada V7.4 and Scalance xb205 managed switch only. both Are communicating on TCP/IP.

:oops:

The Scalance switches support SNMP, which is a networking protocol for parameterization and diagnostics.

The Simatic Net OPC server includes an SNMP OPC server, which the WINCC runtime could then communicate to as an OPC client.

Thanks for your valuable answer, Now it seems troubleshooting,

can you tell me is this Simatic Net OPC server is free to use or we need license for that?

I bought 1 licensee for Wincc7.4 having two DVD's in packing.
One for Wincc7.4 setup and other is for SIMATIC NET(including OPC Etc).

Is this SIMATIC NET (OPC) will need license or is included in same pack??

Please

Oh, you definitely need a license. This is Siemens, don't get your hopes up! You used to need a Simatic Net license to talk to a Siemens PLC, too. Thankfully that is included with WinCC now, at least for Ethernet.

However, I think without the license you can still test it. If I recall, Simatic Net runs for an hour and gives you a Nag window. At the end of the hour you'll need to reboot and start again.

But be warned. SNMP with Simatic Net OPC is silly complicated to setup.

This is probably true. I only know it exists because I accidentally almost ordered it once, and then looked it up in the manual to see what it was.

I'm sure another OPC server has a similar function, if you prefer to use something else. WinCC should be able to be a client of any OPC server, although you do need to make sure you keep DA and UA straight.

This is probably true. I only know it exists because I accidentally almost ordered it once, and then looked it up in the manual to see what it was.

I'm sure another OPC server has a similar function, if you prefer to use something else. WinCC should be able to be a client of any OPC server, although you do need to make sure you keep DA and UA straight.

You know any Free OPC server which support Wincc7.4

You know any Free OPC server which support Wincc7.4

I don't know of any free OPC servers at all, unfortunately.

The nice thing about OPC is that (at least in theory) any OPC client should support any OPC server, as long as they are the same version of OPC. There are two main versions. OPC DA is old, and based on Windows DCOM. OPC UA is "relatively new" (2009), and is based on TCP/IP, so it can be supported on just about all platforms. PLCs are starting to come with OPC UA embedded in.

I don't know of any free OPC servers at all, unfortunately.

The nice thing about OPC is that (at least in theory) any OPC client should support any OPC server, as long as they are the same version of OPC. There are two main versions. OPC DA is old, and based on Windows DCOM. OPC UA is "relatively new" (2009), and is based on TCP/IP, so it can be supported on just about all platforms. PLCs are starting to come with OPC UA embedded in.

Is there any other way to check port status of scalance managed switch other than OPC
:cry:

Is there any other way to check port status of scalance managed switch other than OPC
:cry:

Well, technically, you're checking it via SNMP, and then transmitting the data via OPC, but that semantics. :p

When you're in the SCADA world, everything has a price tag. I think there are a couple companies that charge a flat rate for "here is my system, use as much as you want", but most companies have licenses that charge you for what you are using. Need more features? Pay more money. Depending on the project, both models can be more effective.

The only other way to get port info that I know of is out of a PLC.

Well, you can also get port info from the webpage. TECHNICALLY you could write a script that parses the web page data into tags, but that's complicated. It'd probably be easier write a script to talk SNMP. I definitely don't have the skills to even point you in the right direction on how you could do that, though.