Help required with an old PLC program

markhughes100

I'm currently trying to open an old Medoc/Melsec (Mitsubishi DOS-based PC program) Does anyone know how convert it into windows based program? I have the SW0PC-FXGP/WIN-E converter program which should convert from DOS to windows but doesn't. Any advice!

I don't have specific experience with that system, but what I CAN do is help you getting it running on DOS via virtual machine if you have either a) an old copy of windows and b) the DOS version of the software.

There's a program out there called Dosbox. Check that out. That may get you going.

Nail on the head. Windows 98/ME/XP you could run dos programs or Dosbox. One of them in a VM and install the dos version of the software, though it being on a floppy may be an issue. Most floppies are dead these days as magnetic storage doesn't have a very high life span unless conditions are kept pretty pristine.

When installing GX Developer, there is an option to import medoc files and convert them.
There will be his option with Gpwin too.
Reinstall it and tick the box to import medoc files.