unable to upgrade Studio 5000

JoeM1

Good Morning,
I am trying to upgrade Studio 5000 to versions 26,27,28.
What is happening is that it will get to the prerequistes and then jump immediately to the "complete" tab and tell me that it installed no software components. Hopefully one of you good people can help me out.

Thanks

That typically means that they version you are trying to install is already installed.
Reboot your PC and run RXLogix5000. Do you see the above versions show up as installed on the RSLogix splash screen when it first installs or in the "About" section?

Do you have separate Studio5000 Install packages downloaded for 26, 27, and 28?
Have you tried skipping 26 and installing 27 or 28?

+1 on the 760749 KnowledgeBase article. I had that exact problem. I uninstalled the CodeMeter software and it worked. It reinstalled the CodeMeter software during the install of Studio software.

Great News.
I de-installed the CodeMeter program.
I then rebooted the machine with virus protection turned off.
Ran version 28 install.
Found out that FactoryTalk Activation Manager had gone haywire.
So I spoke to a real nice lady at the Activation group at Rockwell.
She told me to download and re-install Activation Manager.
So I did.
Now it seems to work!!

Great news in the end and I hope this gives folks a path forward if they get into this issue.
Thanks to all the guys above, this is a great forum.