Timer inside FB Siemens S7 300

You can declare an input named timer, and just pass the timer into the FB.

Or you could use an IEC timer.

I would recommend the IEC timer, and then multi-instance it (ie instead of creating an additional instance DB, create an instance for it inside the FB calling it).

Look at the block folder on the back ground. You will have to add the SFB3/4/5 to your project from the library.

I successfully call a TON timer from SFB4 as per your instruction.
Now I have another problem.For simple timer we use S5Time but with this timerTON the input PT is in the form of TIME, now how I give S5time instead of TIme.I tried with MOVE but its not work properly.

Last edited:
Why not use time?

Time is an integer as milliseconds. So a integer value of 1000 is equal to 1s.

S5time uses the first two bits as a multiplier (10ms, 100ms, 1s and 10s).

You could convert the s5time to time but working with time is much easier.