Need suggestions for web-based system connected to RSLINX

efel09

Hello everyone, I new to this forum and I come here with the need of some assistance.

Well, this is the scenario. The company I worked to, needs to develop a "real-time" web-base system connected to a AB 1769-L35E through RSLINX with OPC support. In the past, the company developed a LabVIEW-based application communicated via RS-232, but now the company does not want to use LabVIEW anymore, due the cost, and also wanto to use ethernet intead of RS-232. My job is to develop that web application but my problem is that I am new to the RSLINX OPC so I want to ask about suggestions of which "client-side" language its the "best" to perform that task. ASP.NET, PHP, Java; considering the app must be capable for "real-time" plotting and MySQL for storage.

Any suggestion about how to approach this issue will be fully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum,

There are many clients out there. We offer one that is relatively inexpensive, depending on what you are requiring.

The product is called Infilink and comes with one KepserverEX driver when purchasing.

http://www.eternity-sales.com/KEP/infilink.htm

You can download the latest version from our web site. The development software is part of the download, so there is no initial purchase to begin with. For your development, the software is set up with a one hour run license. This means that when you run your application, it will time out after one hour and you would have to restart it if you wanted to run it again.

There are different prices for various tag counts, including an unlimited tag count version. When purchasing, you will receive a license that will unlock the software and you are all set.

We also distribute KepserverEX. You will want to look at the Allen Bradley suite manuals for more information. If you have additional drivers that you will need to connect with, you also have the option to purchase more than one driver. Here is a link to driver suites provided by Kepware. Manuals are accessible through this link:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepwaredownloads.htm

To interface with your MySQL database, Kepware also provides a driver. More information is available through the following link:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/ODBC_Client_Driver_OPC_Server.htm