help with a sorting problem

What PLC?

Thyrn,

It's after 6:00PM here and I get to clock out at 6:30PM (12 hour days and weekends at that--Life is good). Reading through the post again I did not see what type of PLC you are using. If it is an AB SLC or PLC5 just create a couple of integer files (N7:_) or a Binary Files (B3:_). Either file type will work and and setup with how ever many words you will need to track the length of the product from detector photoeye to ejecter. Use these as the High Shift File and the Low Shift File. Then reference these files with your BSL (Bit Shift Left) instruction.

If another PLC brand I'm sure someone on this forum can help you.

I'm Getting ready to leave Have a good day

Thanx Dan

Thyrn,

Using Timers ONLY will give you a hard time, as you have already experienced.

There is a way to do what you want to do with timers only...

However, after spending all day with you... I'm having an MGD Moment and will not be productive from your point-of-view until tomorrow... after I sleep this off!

Sorry, Man.

BTW,
Why didn't you resister using your REAL Nationality & Location?
(There's a lot of evidence that indicates that you haven't done so.)

We really are an Equal-Opportunity kinda site here.

Ooooops! Almost forgot! (384)

As I said in my PM, I just gotta post this clue...

It's NOT where YOU are in Time, but rather, where I am in Time.

Just as an aside (tangent?),
I usually know WHO I am,
Most of the time I know WHERE I am,
but, usually, I'll be damned if I know WHEN I am.

I have worked on this program to long to give up now.

I have looked over the posting and my be i just don't get it.

I you timers in all my program because i don't understand shift regsisters and how to write the in the ladder code.

the program is to sort to different parts one high and one low

i can get the program to sort one at a time with the timers but i can't get the program to keep sorting.

I am using a micrologic 1000 plc

Last edited:
Using Bit Shift With Micro?

Here is an example of a BSL instruction in RSLogix500 for a MicrLogix 1000.

This example uses an accumulation bit from a TON Timer (called Flash Timer) to increment the BSL instructions. You will have to figure out how to synchronize the timing with the movement of the conveyed part and how many bit shifts from detection of part to ejecter.

The outputs that enable the ejectors are configured as Terry Woods described in his posts.

Image One (BSL - 01.gif)
Shows the High Part detection circuit.

[attachment]

See Next Post

bsl - 01.gif