siemens pg and s7 200 communication

mehkocak

I have a siemens pg as you know it has the all ports to communicate with siemens plc but I have a problem when I try to connect to s7 200 (cpu 212) it find the plc in network but I can not do any change, it says check the ports,baud rate and vice versa.

Does anyone have information about which port of pg I should use and connection cable between pg and plc.

thanks

Hi,

You need an MPI cable and U should use the MPI slot. You can select which the type of comunication in the PG...setting in the control panel.

Rudi

hi

But if I choose cp5611(PPI) with using mpi port it sees the cpu but not download or any other action and I am using the cable ( pins one to one) that I use for s7 300 but when I choose the communication protocol cp5611(MPI) it can not find any cpu with same cable.By the way do you have any information about the connection diagrma of mpi cable.

thanks