send sms (text message ) from plc to mobile

Be aware that standard SMS messages are queued by the system, and at peak times can take a long time (which could be in excess of 1 hour, I'm told) to be received on your mobile. This may be an issue if the message is telling you the production line has stopped, or similar important info.

One place I worked had a paid-for service that guaranteed the SMS was delivered as a priority message. I think it could also send to more than one mobile, in sequence, if the mobiles were off, or out of signal range. Check this out with your mobile phone company

Originally posted by daba
Be aware that standard SMS messages are queued by the system, and at peak times can take a long time (which could be in excess of 1 hour, I'm told) to be received on your mobile. This may be an issue if the message is telling you the production line has stopped, or similar important info.

When flood testing a system, I have seen delays of over 2 hours. I believe the phone companies say delivery "within 24 hours". Also messages may not be delivered in order.

PLC send SMS

Dear All
Can anyone help me how to configure ASCII Serial Port for send SMS via GSM MOdem. How using Ladder program to send SMS ?
Thanks

Can anyone help me to make this project sending and receiving sms using any of these

Twido - wavecom modem
S7_200 - any GSM modem
Mitsubishi - it's modem

thanks alot

Hello All. I have a PLC OMRON CJ1W. I want it to send SMS to a mobile phone for general faults. What is required? and how could i configure it in Software.