HMI touch operator panels

Shohadawy

I'm a newbie to HMI operator panels programming. I'm asking about the addressing of the objects that you insert in the HMI operator panel designing software, What is the principle of addressing.... Shall it have the same addresses that I assign for my PLC operands?

Most objects will have a local HMI address (name) and the ones that interact with the PLC will have a PLC (link address=tags). You need to be specific! A lot of people will have an HMI file in the PLC program that has the same names as the HMI tags. EXAMPLE: Start in the HMI will interact with the bit Start in the PLC.

The names and addresses are the same. In the PLC software, Export documentation. It will save it as a CSV file. Launch the HMI software, and Import the file.
You could do the reverse from the HMI software. Export from HMI, Import in PLC. One of the software packages is your Master for creating tag names (Export) and the other is the Slave (Import). I usually use the PLC software as my Master.
While writing and editing, more tag names are added. Do another Export to keep the CSV file updated. Every time you jump over to the HMI, do another Import.
At the end, your HMI Tag Database will have a bunch of tags that are unused. The HMI software is smart enough to know which tags are usd, and which ones are unused. You can Select and Delete unused tags. You need to do this so the HMI won't waste time updating unused tags.