Moving data from RSlogix 500 to Mitsubishi GX

PFrog

Hello,

I have a question for you guys. I have an AB SLC (505) that I am going to set up an alarm register with. I would like to move the information from N7:100 to a Mitsubishi A series PLC. I would use a K4 to group out some of the M bits to hold the data. Just not sure how I would handle addressing to do this. I believe it is Ethernet communication ( I will verify this, if it matters). Please let me know what other info (if any) would be needed to accomplish this.

Thanks

Is it even possible to have access to an AB SLC's data register file from a Mitsubishi PLC? Am I stuck with just firing outputs from the AB to some inputs on the Mitsubishi?

I have done this using a Mitsubishi E-series HMI as a bridge. In my case, an E1041 was already there, so no additional cost. The HMI can have two drivers, so one talks to the Mitsi, the other to the 5/05. You can define a data exchange area in the HMI, which passes data between the two.

Wow, did not think about that. I will look into it. I have a GOT1000 panel on the unit. I will look into it. Probably be posting in a day or two for additional detail on how to accomplish this. I don't really have much network or mitsi experience but this seems like something good to learn from. Thanks!

OK, so I have a Mitsubishi GOT1000 panel (GT15-ABUS) that is using channel 1 to communicate with an Mitsubishi A series PLC with the Bus(Q) driver. I have a AB SLC 5/05 that I want to communicate to the GOT Panel in addition to the channel 1 that is already set up. Anybody do this or can give me advice? Can this panel run 2 drivers at the same time? I'm looking in the manual and don't really see much in the way of help.

Thanks

OK, so I have a Mitsubishi GOT1000 panel (GT15-ABUS) that is using channel 1 to communicate with an Mitsubishi A series PLC with the Bus(Q) driver. I have a AB SLC 5/05 that I want to communicate to the GOT Panel in addition to the channel 1 that is already set up. Anybody do this or can give me advice? Can this panel run 2 drivers at the same time? I'm looking in the manual and don't really see much in the way of help.

Thanks

I'm not sure on that GOT part number, but I am doing something similar. You can use more than on driver. It is set up in the system tab under controller setting. See attached pic.

Hope this helps,
Dave

plcs help.PNG

I'm not sure on that GOT part number, but I am doing something similar. You can use more than on driver. It is set up in the system tab under controller setting. See attached pic.

I would imagine that I would just enter in the IP address information and then I would have communication. At that point how would I select the SLC 5/05 information that I want to monitor? Does a driver need to be configured before I can point to this information?

More specifically I'm looking around the program and trying to figure out how to change the channel setting so I can enter AB addressing.

More specifically I'm looking around the program and trying to figure out how to change the channel setting so I can enter AB addressing.

Look at the device data transfer under the project tab. I used this to map from ab to Modbus, but I hope the example will be useful.

Dave

datatransfer1.jpg datatransfer2.jpg

I think that makes sense on how to set that portion up. The problem I have is that it does not like the data registers I am entering because it appears to be using the CH1 setup. For Ethernet communication I would use the network/duplex setting under the system tab for this correct? At any point where I go to configure the source data it shows it as always being CH1 (the mitsi comm). Any ideas?

I am starting a project using ICC ETH-1000
Not cheap but but somewhat easy to set up
http://www.iccdesigns.com/eth-1000.html

I have a few bits and registers communicating
between a SLC 5/05 and a FX3U (the FX3U uses a FX3U-ENET module)
on my desk.

Have not started the full blown project yet but do not foresee
any issues (knock wood)

I think that makes sense on how to set that portion up. The problem I have is that it does not like the data registers I am entering because it appears to be using the CH1 setup. For Ethernet communication I would use the network/duplex setting under the system tab for this correct? At any point where I go to configure the source data it shows it as always being CH1 (the mitsi comm). Any ideas?

I'm not sure what you are asking, but I think if you have established comms between the AB and the GOT, and the FX and the GOT, you can use the data transfer utility to transfer the data from,(for example), N7:10 to D10 and you would then have the data in the FX.

Again,
I may be misunderstanding what you are asking.

Dave

That may be where I'm running into problems. I currently try to add AB addressing into the GOT and it does not like it. I had thought with a configured AB driver it would allow it. I have not used the data transfer tool so that should add another layer of excitement to this project. I'll start trying to figure it out.

Thanks

That may be where I'm running into problems. I currently try to add AB addressing into the GOT and it does not like it. I had thought with a configured AB driver it would allow it. I have not used the data transfer tool so that should add another layer of excitement to this project. I'll start trying to figure it out.

Thanks

The data transfer tool is pretty straight-forward, shouldn't give you trouble.

Good luck, post again if you have any more questions.

Dave