PanelView Model from .MER

hoopa9

Does anyone know how to get the model# of a panelview from a .mer file without restoring the runtime application? I have around 200 .mer files and I'd rather not have to restore each one.

I know you can get certain information from the .mer by extracting it, like how dmroeder created the mer version tool. I didn't see a way to get the model but I might have missed it.

Thank you!

The MER is unaware of any model number that it might be loaded into so that information is not contained in the project.

There is of course a project window size in project settings of your application, but that is really only determining the pixel resolution of the project. Consider these two selections:

PVPlus 700/1000 (640x480)
PVPlus 7 Standard/Performance 6"/7" (640x480).

Let's say you are using a PVP 7 Performance 7". You could still pick the first selection and load it into your PVP7 and it wouldn't care. You could pick the 2nd selection and load it into a PVP 6 1000. It's only to aide the user in picking the correct resolution.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks again for your help! I'm really new to this.

Would it be any different on an .apa? I'm in the process of seeing what information I can get from these files without restoring them normally. Most of the files you get from extracting seem to be illegible.

Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks again for your help! I'm really new to this.

Would it be any different on an .apa? I'm in the process of seeing what information I can get from these files without restoring them normally. Most of the files you get from extracting seem to be illegible.

It would be no different in an APA. Again, it's because the target hardware is not part of the development process.

Almost every file in a FactoryTalk project is a binary blob so it's hard to do anything with them outside of FactoryTalk.