Chinese power

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
A quick question if anyone knows, The voltage in china is 220v 50hz
would this be 110v to ground on L & N or is the L 220V
Thanks

The live wire will be a 380V phase then the phase to neutral voltage will be 380/1.73 = 220V

broken neutral wire in outlet, can I run a neutral to another outlet?

A unexpected disconnection of neutral can be a serious problem.
If you don't have a reliable neutral it is better to install a 380/220 trafo instead to use the neutral

I had them jump the outlet to the one on the other side of the wall in kitchen and told the wife not to use the one in kitchen, she just wanted the washing machine to run. Ill look at it when I get back. they use 2 black and one green and have the green as neutral?
there is no standard and the wires are buried into the concrete wall.
Thanks

Aye, but what got me when I was there, was that the article is true...

You could buy/use any sockets, especially the multi-gang ones, and they would take any of 3 or 4 types of plug, including the UK ones.

One of my colleagues from the factory came over to the UK to work and live, and bought a flat in Bristol, then I got an email to ask if the Chinese father, who was an electrician in China, was permitted to rewire the flat.....I had to explain carefully about the Wiring Regulations etc, but I heard nothing further....

Off topic slightly, but I have a friend who was a sparky and retired to live in Taiwan.
He told me that there are absolutely no electrical regulations with private buildings - or for that matter, no building regulations.
He has a farm and has built and wired lots of out buildings and houses with no bother from anyone, until that is.....
He erected a flag pole and put the British Union Jack up on it.

He then had police cars with full sirens and lights demanding it be removed immediately.