rs5000 emulator

rscott9399

Question on the emulator for you guys

Has anyone got the emulator to speak to any hardware?

For example, i am writing some preliminary communications stuff to go between an ML1400 and an L33.

I have the Ml1400 but no L33 yet.

Will the emulator read messages from a physical network?

I dont care to much about sending messages but it would be nice to at least try and go one way.

If i started sending the emulator msg statements using the IP of my laptop the emulator is running on, you think it would work?

I know the emulator does not really have an IP

Just an idea

yep, just downloaded it
It says softlogix 5800
Will get it installed. Need to get this up and running. Any suggestions much appreciated.

It's essentially Emulate with an Ethernet I/P adapter. You can connect Ethernet I/O to it (like Point I/O), upload/download over Ethernet, Produce/consume with other Ethernet PLC's, etc.

interesting, it doesnt like emulate. it just told me i cant install soft logix 5800 unless i uninstall emulate

Yup, one or the other. SoftLogix is great, but I don't believe Rockwell is keeping it updated anymore, so stuck at v23 I think.

i have v23 up and running now.
for some reason it wont let me set the IP on the ethernet ip in the chassis.

its stuck at 0.0.0.0

hmmm......................

if anyone is interested, i found the answer. V23 of studio 5000 is the last version apparently that will run Softlogix.
However, when i add the ethernet ip card it will not allow me to change the IP address to anything other then what my computers IP is or 0.0.0.0

Not sure where to go from here.

End goal is to get the ML1400 which i have physically to send some messages to Soflogix controller using MSG statements

if anyone has any ideas this morning i much appreciate it.

Someone recently reached out to me on github with a similar SoftLogix issue. They basically said this:

human said:
Not sure why it works now. The manual said disable UDP packets in RSLinx so I did and rebooted. It now had my IP address I assigned. I enabled UDP packets, rebooted and it still worked.

well i have setup a bit more, according to the manual, unless you have more then one nic on your PC, the virtual Ethernet card will have the same ip as your machine.

I have everything connected now but for some reason the msg block in my physical ml1400 says the host is refusing the connection.

So something is obviously screwed.