Micro wave radio recommendations needed for remote dcs to scada system data comms

Please tell us the details about the radio link. Make and model of radio modems, frequency, how much bandwidth is available...what devices are already talking across this link, distance between the sites, and more.

"Really far" is not a valid distance measurement. 25km is "Really far" for me to walk to go plug in my laptop. It is not "Really far" for an unobstructed microwave link.

Download Google earth. Find the coordinates of both ends of the link and post them here. I'll check the path.

You still have not provided ANY information about your DCS or SCADA system and you are starting to waste everyone's time now.

Until you provide some detail, the answer to your question is:

Yes, you might need to deploy extra hardware and/or software at the DCS side. But you also might not.

"Really far" is not a valid distance measurement. 25km is "Really far" for me to walk to go plug in my laptop. It is not "Really far" for an unobstructed microwave link.

Download Google earth. Find the coordinates of both ends of the link and post them here. I'll check the path.

You still have not provided ANY information about your DCS or SCADA system and you are starting to waste everyone's time now.

Until you provide some detail, the answer to your question is:

Yes, you might need to deploy extra hardware and/or software at the DCS side. But you also might not.
I'm so sorry about that please.

Client has not shared information on the existing DCS and microwave yet. I wrote them but we are arranging for a site visit.
I actually opened this thread to get some knowledge so as to close some gaps before the visit.
But I know the DCS will either be Emerson's DeltaV or from Honeywell.
The SCADA software will be Siemens WinCC or ADROIT SCADA software.

Thanks in advance for your understanding

Please tell us the details about the radio link. Make and model of radio modems, frequency, how much bandwidth is available...what devices are already talking across this link, distance between the sites, and more.
Thanks for your interest in giving input.

I'm yet to get some details please. See my reply above.

Thanks again