FT View 10.0 - Go to Button Visibility

ecko665

Hi Guys,

I am working on the main Log In / Off display for my HMI project, and I am having an issue with the visibility of a button with the <Default > user.

I created 4 users : Admin,Supervisor,Engineer,Operator plus the included Default.

Each time a user logs in, they must press on the "Main Menu" Goto button which brings them to the main Menu. Each user outside of <Default> has access to press this button, thus I made it visible to all users who have a security roll of B, and so on. <Default> only has security role of A.

It works fine, however I do not want to hide this "Main Menu" button for the <Default User>, as it leaves an empty space on the HMI and does not look great when running. Is there a way I can leave the "Main Menu" button visible, however un-clickable for the <Default User> but clickable for the other 4 users, and or have a outline of the button when <Default User> is logged in?

Default Button no Vis.JPG Button Visable and Clickable.JPG

In similar cases, I just draw a dummy button using a box and a text object (both of them grouped), and then putting that dummy button under the real button. I change the background color of the box to indicate that the button is disabled.

Hey, thanks for the Video.

I tried setting the security code under display settings, however this current display runs at startup, and when I choose a code outside of * or A, the application fails to start and shuts down.

I like the idea of overlaying the button with a dummy, but not sure how to set that up for a specific user?