CLX with PF700VC on ENET firmware problems V16? or V17?

AndrewB

Hi All.

I have a several boilers being controlled by a L62 Control Logix processor running V16 firmware.

I have to add several VSD's in the fuel feed system and i have some new PowerFlex 700VC's on 20-COMM-E's.

My network is up and working fine, I can see all the drives and the flex i have on ENET as well.

however the drives are all REV 7.1, The V16 CLX firmware only appears to support up to Rev 6.3 with the PF700's. RSLogix comes back with a identity mismatch on firmware revision. fair enough, so i have created a seperate V17 project and compared the data tables for the V7.1 & V6.3 and they appear identical.

I've then turned the firmware keying off for the drives and installed them as V6.3 They then appear no worries in the hardware tree.

The datatables all appear to work apart from the RUN command which has no effect.

Im guessing that the firmware problem is the issue.

Does anyone know of a way around this?

I dont really want to controlflash to V17 as i cannot get the boilers offline for more than a minute or so until the next scheduled stop (christmas)