WinCC 7.0 -How to log data which CAN be retrieved

Hi,

I'm not too well versed in database programming so its something I would rather avoid at this late stage in a project.

I am doing some logging of data in an S7 315 PLC which is used for statisical purposes: No of Cycles each day, weight, drying times, cycle times etc etc

Some data get updated each day and some each cycle. I only hold onto 7 days data to keep memory to a minimum. Now customer has requested that while I display a weeks data on HMI they want to log the old data somehow so they can retrieve it at a later late.

Am I correct in saying that I cannot log to a SQL database without extra licencing for WinCC?

Can anyone please suggest a way of logging this data so I can retrieve with ease if required? There is also a user archive which might be of use.

Well, strictly speaking, no. It's just programming. :)

You can easily write global script code that access any database and insert/read/append data in it as you wish.
From your original post it's unclear what data you want to put where and how do you want to read it later on. Try to explain that in more details.