MicroLogix 1200 & PowerFlex 70

csanchezs

C
Hi folks…

I have the following question. Does someone have connected a MicroLogix 1200 with a PowerFlex 70 using a DeviceNet network? I need start and stop some pumps. I don’t know if it is mandatory to use son DeviceNet Scanner. In other words, I want to know if I can send and receive commands to the PowerFlex using the MicroLogix 1200 only.

I’ll appreciate your help…

Thanks…

There is no DeviceNet Scanner for ML1200, nor are there any specialty module for drive communications. With the 1200, you are limited to discrete/analog I/O control of drives.

mvgol is correct, there is no DeviceNet option for the ML1200.

BUT what you want to do can be done with the 20-COMM-S RS-485 DF1 Adaptor. This adaptor is mounted in the drive and allows the ML1200 acting as and RS-485 DF1 Master to access the:

Logic Command/Reference
Logic Status Feedback
DataLinks A-D
Explicit Message Support.

ie you will need to use one of the ML1200 ports and a 1761-NET-AIC to create small RS-485 network. The port is then configured to be a DF1 Master and the data is sent via MSG blocks to standard datatables to the adaptor.

This approach has a lower performance than DeviceNet, requires more ladder logic to setup, but it is quite low-cost and works more than adequately for many applications.

Here is a link for its Manual: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/20comm-um005_-en-p.pdf

Last edited:
Hi I am from OMAN working for Salim Mohiyyadin Bin Saif & Bros. Trad. Cont. Co., we are having 4-5 Ready Mix (Concrete) Plants within one plant we are using Micrologix 1200 PLC and it suddenly faulted today, indicating a application program fault.All lights blinking green and operation was normal before.

Then first in program I loose control for Water Level, after some time Cement Bucket and finally our Delivery Bucket was gone. Like stepwise system was getting down and after that Micrologix 1200, stopped and blinking the red fault light. System trouble shot, and no electrical problem found.

Now can you give me some immediate suggestion that what is the solution for this? Or I have to go for replacement or re-programming of this module.