PV 1000 DH+ Communication

ilhem

Hi; can i make a communication with Panel view 1000 (DH+ and rs232 Printer port) by using an rs232 to rs458 (DH) converter or rs232 printer port .

No you cant.

now for the why:
DH+ is NOT RS485 (that would be DH485)

now perhaps you can provide some detail as to what you are really trying to do.

get WHAT to communicate with the PV?

You may be able to upload/download over the printer (serial) port with a 2711-NC13 cable. Connection with a PLC can only be done with the DH+ port. What is the complete part number for your PanelView?

mgvol said:
You may be able to upload/download over the printer (serial) port with a 2711-NC13 cable. Connection with a PLC can only be done with the DH+ port. What is the complete part number for your PanelView?

A complete reference part is:
Pv 1000 2711-T10G8L1

O.K., according to your Part Number, you can perform upload/download via the RS-232 port with the cable I listed in the earlier post (you will also have to configure a DF1 driver in RSLinx). To do this, the port must not already be configured for printing (it ships defaulted for upload/download usage). For communicating with the controller, you must connect with the DH+ port.

mgvol said:
O.K., according to your Part Number, you can perform upload/download via the RS-232 port with the cable I listed in the earlier post (you will also have to configure a DF1 driver in RSLinx). To do this, the port must not already be configured for printing (it ships defaulted for upload/download usage). For communicating with the controller, you must connect with the DH+ port.
Hi; I can't change a printing configuration to downloding configuration in screen system of PV1000 (only printing chose)

Last edited:
According to Rockwell, the only PanelViews that won't support upload/download via the printer port are PanelViews with the following part numbers: 2711-xxx2, -xxx3, -xxx5, -xxx9, -xxx17, -xxx18, and -xxx19. Your 2711-T10G8 should support upload/download over the printer port, unless this published info is incorrect. If you are looking at your config screen and it says "printer", see if you can toggle it by touching it. Also, look in your PanelBuilder32 application file under Application Settings>Terminal Setup. If you cannot change it there (if the selections are grayed-out), I would call Rockwell tech support and get them to explain, since their literature indicates that you should be able to do this.

mgvol said:
According to Rockwell, the only PanelViews that won't support upload/download via the printer port are PanelViews with the following part numbers: 2711-xxx2, -xxx3, -xxx5, -xxx9, -xxx17, -xxx18, and -xxx19. Your 2711-T10G8 should support upload/download over the printer port, unless this published info is incorrect. If you are looking at your config screen and it says "printer", see if you can toggle it by touching it. Also, look in your PanelBuilder32 application file under Application Settings>Terminal Setup. If you cannot change it there (if the selections are grayed-out), I would call Rockwell tech support and get them to explain, since their literature indicates that you should be able to do this.

Hi; when i touch a printer bouton on screen systeme of PV1000 ;only activate or not a printer port is set.

mgvol said:
Yes, if you "disable printing", it should now allow upload/download over that port.

Thank you , it's ok for upload and download with RS232 printer port if i disable printing ;thank's again.