Mitsubishi FX1S to Excel/Data logging

classynopal

I've search around multiple forums including this one and other blogs around Google including

I still can't find a viable solution. I'm new to PLCs, barely learning how to write/read ladder logic. I have a Mistubishi FX1S, same as the link I posted. The cable I have is a
USB SC09. I bought it at the http://www.plccable.com/ store.

I have to GX software and drivers ok.

I'm trying to find something to be able to record data off the PLC but can't figure it out. Do I really need to buy MX Sheet? The blog I posted didn't work, I think it's because of the type of cable I'm using and don't know how to work around it.
I want to write it onto Excel or Access, not too sure. I'm a student and don't have an open budget thank you.

Can you go online to the PLC with the cables you have? That will test if the cables are ok.

If your cables definitely work then you can go back to the example. Without digging into it too much, that program was for reading and writing D registers.

You need something in the PLC for it to work properly.

Can you go online to the PLC with the cables you have? That will test if the cables are ok.

If your cables definitely work then you can go back to the example. Without digging into it too much, that program was for reading and writing D registers.

You need something in the PLC for it to work properly.

Yes, i'm assuming my cables are fine.
I have the drivers installed, my computer reads it (COM3) Win 7. GX Developer read and writes on it too, I just can't get the program to work. When i click start, I get a blank 'design" without being able to work on the plc

That sounds more like a visual studio problem than a PLC one.
The form contents are hidden until the serial port is opened. Have you modified the port number in the program?

Make sure that no other program is using the port - (eg GX developer)

If (SerialPortFX1S.IsOpen = True) Then
CommandOK = True
MENU_IO.Visible = True

This is what I'm getting. blank window, no design. I tried changing the ports 'serial port number = 2 to different numbres

fjXqY1t.png

J5FAi97.png

I'm trying the same example too and manage to get the VB interface appear by tweaking the baudrate on the VB code.

But here comes a second problem, the read/write operation as coded in the VB code is not working as it can't make any changes on the device memory of the PLC. I'm using FX1S-20MT.
I wonder if there is any configuration that needs to be done on the PLC parameters at D8120?

Do share if you manage to progress =) Thanks!