MSG Instruction Problem - SLC 5/03 to 1761-NET-ENI to Email

johnd_125

I have something preventing me from sending an email from a 5/03 to a Net-Eni to the email address. I'm not sure if the problem is in my MSG instruction, the ENI, or getting the message through my router.

The ENI is set up and communicating to the 5/03. I can go online with the 5/03 through RSLinx and do whatever I want with it. I've read the ENI manual, Ch. 4 and Ch. 6 and have followed the instructions.

I have successfully used a MSG instruction to set the "TO" email address in the ENI. I have another MSG instruction which is supposed to send the actual email message but the MSG instruction errors out with "Target Node cannot respond because of incorrect command parameters"

My info.:
SLC 5/03, OS302, Series C, FRN 5
1761-NET-ENI, Series A

Here is the MSG Instruction which sets the "TO" email address, successfully:
This Controller
Comm Cmd 485CIF Write
Data Table Address: ST9:50 (email address)
Size in Elements: 1
Channel: 0

Target Device:
Message Timeout: 10
Data Table Address: 0
Local Node Addr (dec): 150 (octal): 226
Local/Remote: Local

Here is the MSG Instruction which is supposed to send the message but is getting an error.
This Controller
Comm Cmd 485CIF Write
Data Table Address: ST9:55 (message text)
Size in Elements: 1
Channel: 0

Target Device:
Message Timeout: 10
Data Table Address: 0
Local Node Addr (dec): 50 (octal): 62
Local/Remote: Local

In the ENI setup, I'm not quite sure what to set my "Email Server IP address" to? SMTP authentication is not available with this ENI so basically all it uses is this IP address and the "TO" email address. Seems like some stuff is missing, there? How is this MSG instruction going to get out through the ENI, the router, to a mail server where it becomes an email in someone's inbox?

Any thoughts?

TIA.