Panel Interface Connectors

maintpro

I want to install a Mencom Corp. panel interface connector onto one of my control cabinets to allow me to connect to my Micrologix 1500 PLC without opening the panel.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what type of connector is used on the end of the micrologix programming cable that plugs into the PLC? :confused:

Panel Interface Connection

Maybe my question is too simple for the likes of you all or maybe you just don't understand the question. :unsure:

I am not a complete dumb a** moon2 and do know that one end of the cable has a 9-pin D-sub connector.

The end that plugs into the PLC looks like a 8-pin mini din connector. In fact, the pins are in the identical locations as a mini din. The only problem is that a regular mini din connector will not plug into it.

So now my question is; does anybody know what type of connector is on the end of the cable that plugs into the Micrologix?

Been there, done that...

Yup, too simple for the likes of us... ;)

See THIS THREAD and THIS THREAD

If you're using a ML1500, go for the 1764-LRP processor which adds a second 'normal' (DB9) COM port... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric

I was simply using micrologix programming cable as
connection from PLC to Weidmuller programming port
and simple straight through cable outside the cabinet.
Each time I would keep the original 9-pin connector
from the programming port. It comes in handy for
custom cables or testing thanks to neatly labeled
screw terminals.