Studio 5000 Logix Emulate Won't start.

GlenOsborne

Lifetime Supporting Member
When I try to open Studio 5000 Logix Emulate, it always throws up an error screen and shuts down. I've uninstalled and re-installed after a re-boot and it still won't open.

This is the error window I get every time:
um2d9Mi.jpg

This is the only issue I can find that would match up with that error message, but I don't see what I can do about it:
zNuos5T.jpg

Has anybody had this error and gotten past it?

Thank you,
Glen O

Look at Rockwell Technote 44196.

Some of the comments mention problems with Win10 running Emulate.

I cannot find anything on the RS site about OS compatibility for Emulate. Only says it will work with Logix.

Look at Rockwell Technote 44196.

Some of the comments mention problems with Win10 running Emulate.

I cannot find anything on the RS site about OS compatibility for Emulate. Only says it will work with Logix.
I just got off the phone with AB tech support. They claim Emulate isn't compatible with Windows10. They are sending me a set of general information for getting Emulate to work with windows but he sounded dubious. At the price that these people charge for their software, you would think that they would better support an OS that has been out for a number of years now.